OMRON Forums

How to make two gantry motor slew with absolute encoder?

dzrong

If the gantry motor is using absolut encoder,how can i make them alignement at the beginning? I know using "homez1,2" can make them find the absolute position,but i'm not sure whether the slave motor will alignement to the master in the same time.

Thanks

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not sure I fully understand the question. But if you are looking to physically align the gantry motors on a new setup, then you would use an interferometer (or a skew angle device) as your visual feedback for alignment. Jog or move the motors by hand until you find the best alignment location. At which you would record the absolute motors' positions in Power PMAC (the subtraction/offset is what you are interested in).

Now, there are many ways to establish the alignment on power up. I will propose a couple:

- Read motors' absolute positions

- Compute the offset for the follower to move by (e.g. in a PLC)

- J/ the leader, and Jog the follower by the offset amount

- HomeZ both motors

OR:

- Read motors' absolute positions

- Compute the offset for the follower to move by (e.g. in a PLC)

- HomeZ leader, and write the offset amount in the followers position (e.g. Motor[x].Pos])

- J/ the leader, and then J/ the follower. If the gantry setup is properly configured, then the follower will now compensate for the offset and align itself with the leader at the specified gantry slew rate.