OMRON Forums

Download program using telnet

dzrong

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Telnet? Turbo? What are you trying to do? and with which kind of PMAC? Are you in the correct section of the forum (Power PMAC)? Please revise your question.

In Turbo PMAC (i.e. Pewin32Pro2), you just download fixed (relatively small) motion programs from the editor window (using the yellow download button). Or use the rotary buffer for feeding line by line very large programs (typical CNC operation).

In Power PMAC (i.e. IDE), you write programs in the project editor under the corresponding tab. And download with the rest of the project files. Alternately, You can type your program using any text editor, copy and paste into telnet window.

I do encourage you to attend to PMAC training classes as soon as possible. This will ensure that you are integrating your machine properly, and also cut the integration time drastically.

I hope you are talking about PowerPMAC and not TURBO as there is no Telnet communication for Turbo.

If you want to use telent to download the file you will have to do following....

1.User program must be compiled for user variables. If you write the user program without using the variable names then it is fine.

2.FTP the program to /var/ftp/userflash/temp folder.

3.Once the telnet terminal is open then type the command at terminal

gpascii –i

This will download entire file to PowerPMAC.

-i = option download the program to powerpmac memory.

4.The key is the user program must be compiled and error free. The gpascii will return the error and abort if it cannot understand the program line.

5. If you want to use line by line download then you may want to use rotary buffer.

Hope it answers your question.

Atul

I hope you are talking about PowerPMAC and not TURBO as there is no Telnet communication for Turbo.

If you want to use telent to download the file you will have to do following....

1.User program must be compiled for user variables. If you write the user program without using the variable names then it is fine.

gpascii –i

4.The key is the user program must be compiled and error free. The gpascii will return the error and abort if it cannot understand the program line.

5. If you want to use line by line download then you may want to use rotary buffer.

Atul

Yes,this is PowerPMAC forum,so it's about PowerPMAC.

But i'm not sure how to compile the file in the user's HMI,using PPmac IDE?

Thanks

We are working on creating some functionality as part of Component library which will do simple syntax checking and then download. Once it is available you can use it from the HMI, until you will have to use the IDE to compile from the project system . If it is a motion program then as I said you can use directly as long as you do not use variables and use P,Q variable. You can also have this motion program as part of project and then compile the project with the motion program and if no errors then use the motion program from telnet as gpascii -i command.

Atul

• 2 weeks later...

gpascii –i

Atul

Can i do this way to download my Subroutine in my HMI if my Subroutine don't use the variable names? If not,how can i do that?

gpascii –i

Atul

It seems the step three have some problem,linux tells me no such file or directory there even if i can open the file,we can see it from the pictures.

2.jpg.cf0615d753f27ab7218c313bb9cf052b.jpg

ReadFile1.jpg.ffa2aee5955836b86da2895310dd638c.jpg

3.jpg.bf885944ca3d7e4b4aea05cb2e9136c3.jpg

gpascii –i

Atul

Can i do this way to download my Subroutine in my HMI if my Subroutine don't use the variable names? If not,how can i do that?