OMRON Forums

How to encryption the PLCs and Programs?

yizhou

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You can switch to PLCC's they run faster. There are a couple of small things like MSR commands which require you send them through the command buffer but the code is complied so it can't be uploaded. I am using complied plc's to protect my code. The motion programs can be uploaded still without a password but you don't have to worry about passwords in the field installs.

The password={string} permits the user to enter the card’s password, or once entered properly, to change it.

Without a properly entered password, Turbo PMAC will not open or list the contents of any motion program numbered 1000 or greater, or of PLC programs 0-15. If asked to do so, it will return an error (ERR002 reported if I6 is set to 1 or 3).

• 8 months later...

What about PLC's greater than 10?

Even with the password I can still upload the entire configuration file which contains all programs...

I need to protect everything! Is it possible?

The password={string} permits the user to enter the card’s password, or once entered properly, to change it.

Without a properly entered password, Turbo PMAC will not open or list the contents of any motion program numbered 1000 or greater, or of PLC programs 0-15. If asked to do so, it will return an error (ERR002 reported if I6 is set to 1 or 3).

Sergio,

The best way to protect the PLCs is to use PLCC which are compiled and only binary version can be backed up and restored, hence it protects your IP since the source code is not revealed. For motion programs, use motion programs numbered greater than 1000. This will protect them from backup or listing to unauthorized user.

Regards,