OMRON Forums

Controller Reset problem

kmonroe023

We have seen a sporadic problem were the PPmac will not boot up correctly after a controller reset ($$$). It appears that the configuration does not load since the Pmac will report no project loaded and will show no defined motors. System settings are also set to their default values.

This has happened several times on production machines with mature Pmac control programs and settings, so I don't think it is related to a bad configuration.

Generally, resetting again will allow the controller to configure properly.

Has anyone else had this happen, or do I possibly have a questionable controller?

We're running the latest firmware: 1.5.8.0

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When it happens again take a look at the log files in ftp://192.168.0.200/usrflash/Project/Log

and the ftp://10.34.9.238/usrflash/Temp maybe that will give us a clue as to what is going on.

We have seen a sporadic problem were the PPmac will not boot up correctly after a controller reset ($$$). It appears that the configuration does not load since the Pmac will report no project loaded and will show no defined motors. System settings are also set to their default values.

This has happened several times on production machines with mature Pmac control programs and settings, so I don't think it is related to a bad configuration.

Generally, resetting again will allow the controller to configure properly.

Has anyone else had this happen, or do I possibly have a questionable controller?

We're running the latest firmware: 1.5.8.0