OMRON Forums

Encoder home capture position/ HOMEZ

cmcdonald

I have an application that has a belt with a trigger that I capture the encoder position. This seems to work well until I have to preform a HOMEZ on the belt to ensure i don't rollover on the position counter.

The problem is when i use HOMEZ the Encoder home capture position is not updated so i have NO reference from the Encoder Capture position to the actual position anymore.

Does anybody have a solution?

Thanks

Chris

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually M101 (ENC1 24-bit counter position) rolls over so when I use the captured position there is no way that I know of to reference the current position. Anybody know of any tricks?

Chris M

I have an application that has a belt with a trigger that I capture the encoder position. This seems to work well until I have to preform a HOMEZ on the belt to ensure i don't rollover on the position counter.

The problem is when i use HOMEZ the Encoder home capture position is not updated so i have NO reference from the Encoder Capture position to the actual position anymore.

Does anybody have a solution?

Thanks

Chris

No, Mxx62 is my actual position. I need to compare the captured position from Mxx03 which rolls over sooner than Mxx62.

I may have to come up with another approach to keep Mxx62 and Mxx01, Mxx03 in sync so i can do calculations.

Is there a way to 'Zero' Mxx01?

Chris

Hi Chris,

does looking at Mxx62 help? (It is *32) It keeps counting but not sure if it rolls over eventually.

P