OMRON Forums

usrcode doesn't compile in Release configuration

daves

If usrcode.c is set to compile in the project it works fine in Debug configuration but not Release. Is there some setting I am missing?

It says:

C:\Users\daves.ABD\AppData\Local\Temp\oambyuii.e1j\Temp\PowerPmac6.ppproj(0,0): Error : The compiler was not able to generate an executable file. Please open the following error log file for more information

C:\Users\daves.ABD\Documents\PowerPmacSuite\PowerPmac6\PowerPmac6\C Language\Realtime Routines\\err.log

C:\Users\daves.ABD\Documents\PowerPmacSuite\PowerPmac6\PowerPmac6\C Language\Realtime Routines\\msg.log

err.log is empty. msg.log contains:

/usr/local/bin/powerpc-405-linux-gnu-g++ -mhard-float -funsigned-char -I/opt/eldk-4.2/debian_rootfs/opt/ppmac/rtpmac -I/opt/eldk-4.2/debian_rootfs/opt/ppmac/libppmac -I/opt/eldk-4.2/debian_rootfs/usr/local/xenomai/include -I/opt/eldk-4.2/debian_rootfs/usr/local/xenomai/include/posix -D_GNU_SOURCE -D_REENTRANT -D__XENO__ -O2 -Wall -c usrcode.c

/usr/local/bin/powerpc-405-linux-gnu-gcc -mhard-float -funsigned-char -I/opt/eldk-4.2/debian_rootfs/opt/ppmac/rtpmac -I/opt/eldk-4.2/debian_rootfs/opt/ppmac/libppmac -I/opt/eldk-4.2/debian_rootfs/usr/local/xenomai/include -I/opt/eldk-4.2/debian_rootfs/usr/local/xenomai/include/posix -D_GNU_SOURCE -D_REENTRANT -D__XENO__ -O2 -Wall -c usrcode.c

/usr/local/bin/powerpc-405-linux-gnu-gcc -o ../../Bin/Release/usralgo.so usrcode.o -shared -lpthread_rt -lrt -L../../Bin/Release/ -L/opt/eldk-4.2/debian_rootfs/usr/local/xenomai/lib -lppmac -L/usr/local/dtlibs/libppmac -Wl,-rpath,/var/ftp/usrflash/Project/C\ Language/Libraries -Wl,-rpath,/var/ftp/usrflash/Project/Bin/Release

I see this is similar to http://forums.deltatau.com/showthread.php?tid=1539 but mine doesn't compile at all. 1.6 release versions

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

If usrcode.c is set to compile in the project it works fine in Debug configuration but not Release. Is there some setting I am missing?

It says:

C:\Users\daves.ABD\AppData\Local\Temp\oambyuii.e1j\Temp\PowerPmac6.ppproj(0,0): Error : The compiler was not able to generate an executable file.

This is the symptom of this bug: http://forums.deltatau.com/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=698

Note that there is a crude work-around: build once, let it fail, manually copy bin\Debug\usralgo.ko to bin\Release, then build a second time (should succeed).

Please open the following error log file for more information

C:\Users\daves.ABD\Documents\PowerPmacSuite\PowerPmac6\PowerPmac6\C Language\Realtime Routines\\err.log

C:\Users\daves.ABD\Documents\PowerPmacSuite\PowerPmac6\PowerPmac6\C Language\Realtime Routines\\msg.log

err.log is empty. msg.log contains: ...

... and this is the symptom of a different bug (which I'm sure I reported but I can't find just now): compiling C Language usrcode creates two outputs: usralgo.ko and usralgo.so. Unfortunately, both build processes use the same msg.log and err.log files so diagnostics in the first build are overwritten during the second build. The second build can sometime succeed while the first failed, so you end up losing information.

My present work-around is to run the makefiles by hand, one-by-one so that I can examine the logs.

It says:

C:\Users\daves.ABD\AppData\Local\Temp\oambyuii.e1j\Temp\PowerPmac6.ppproj(0,0): Error : The compiler was not able to generate an executable file.

This is the symptom of this bug: http://forums.deltatau.com/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=698

Note that there is a crude work-around: build once, let it fail, manually copy bin\Debug\usralgo.ko to bin\Release, then build a second time (should succeed).

... and this is the symptom of a different bug (which I'm sure I reported but I can't find just now): compiling C Language usrcode creates two outputs: usralgo.ko and usralgo.so. Unfortunately, both build processes use the same msg.log and err.log files so diagnostics in the first build are overwritten during the second build. The second build can sometime succeed while the first failed, so you end up losing information.

My present work-around is to run the makefiles by hand, one-by-one so that I can examine the logs.

This issue is fixed in the upcoming release of the IDE and you should be able to compile in Release and Debug modes. Project Also creates separate error and message logs for usralgo.ko and usralgo.so and will process and display them in the output and error windows as well. We are planning to release the IDE today.

It says:

This issue is fixed in the upcoming release of the IDE and you should be able to compile in Release and Debug modes. Project Also creates separate error and message logs for usralgo.ko and usralgo.so and will process and display them in the output and error windows as well. We are planning to release the IDE today.

It says: