OMRON Forums

Updating Project without using IDE

ScottB

We would like to update the project in the Power PMAC from our Windows HMI application so the end user does not need access to the IDE. Our project is fairly simple, no C files, all script files (pmh, pmc, and plc). I've got our application FTPing the project files to the "/var/ftp/usrflash/Project" folder on the PPMAC, but I don't know what to do next. Is this possible to do without using the IDE? I've searched through all the slides and App Notes and can't find any information.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, there's a whole example in the newest version (2/18/16) of the PDK (PowerPMAC Development Kit) dll called BuildAndDownloadExample that shows you how to build and download your own projects without the IDE. You can download it here:

http://www.deltatau.com/DT_Products/SoftwareDetails.aspx?CatID=500-POWER%20PMAC%20DEVELOPMENT%20KIT

I appreciate the assistance. Is there any documentation available for the classes in PowerPmacBuildAndDownload.dll?

I couldn't open the example project without getting an error, so I created a new Winforms project and added Form1.cs into my new project. It builds OK and "Select a project to Build" says it works OK (although I don't think it does anything), but "Select a project to Download" crashes with an unhandled Win32Exception in DownloadAllProgramsRSYNC() -> "The directory name is invalid". All the parameters being passed to DownloadAllProgramsRSYNC appear to be valid.

I made some progress after copying the entire "downloadtools" folder under my Window application folder. It is is now building and downloading my PPMAC project. Any additional documentation of the Download class would still be greatly appreciated.

I was missing the .NetPath.ldt.gpg file in my download folder. That was causing the error string "Error: on gpg command, rtnstatus = 512" .

Note: When this happens, the download fails and Download.DownloadResults.Errors returns 1 string (above) but Download.DownloadResults.TotalErrors is 0. This seems like a bug to me.