OMRON Forums

PMAC PANEL PRO2 and Labview 2010

gregaxisne.com

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't say for sure, but I don't see any reason why it wouldn't. Unless you have an existing project that you are upgrading, I would stay away from the PMAC Panel product. It uses dll calls, and the new Pcommserver is the best way to go. I have done quite a bit with Labview and ActiveX calls to Pcommserver. It is much more stable, and you can have both your Labview application and PEWIN32PRO2 open and communicating at the same time. I can send you some basic VIs that show how it is done.

I can't say for sure, but I don't see any reason why it wouldn't. Unless you have an existing project that you are upgrading, I would stay away from the PMAC Panel product. It uses dll calls, and the new Pcommserver is the best way to go. I have done quite a bit with Labview and ActiveX calls to Pcommserver. It is much more stable, and you can have both your Labview application and PEWIN32PRO2 open and communicating at the same time. I can send you some basic VIs that show how it is done.

Brian,

Thanks for the reply, that's some good input. If you have some basic VI's I could look at it would be much appreciated. I'm just trying to read and set some m,p, and I vars via a cRio over ethernet.

Greg

• 3 months later...

If I make many substaintaily additions then I'll post them up here. The machine that Im working on still uses LabVIEW 7.1, so I was glad (and a little surprised) to see that your VIs opened for me.

We started a project using Labview and Panel Pro and ended up scrapping the whole thing and starting over with C# and pcommserver. Labview and PanelPro was just to cumbersome to use for us. If you are a labview power user it should work fine.

• 10 months later...