OMRON Forums

How can I move the servo

Han.Liu1anu.edu.au

Hi,

I'm new to Power PMAC and I am working on CK3E Power PMAC and G5-series Servo Drivers.

I set-up a project following the "startup guide G5-series Servo Drivers" on IDEv4. However, the Servo did not rotate when I run the program.

I tried #1j+ and #1j- commands and I noticed that the following error in the Position window changed when I typed the command. However, the Position and velocity didn't change when I run the commands.

Could anyone give me some hint on how to solve this problem?

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Han

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not sure what you mean by "startup guide G5-series Servo Drivers". There are a couple sections of the IDE manual (Help -> "Power PMAC IDE Manual" from within IDE) as well as a document (for etherlab) on the forum file depot. You may have the drive's torque and/or velocity limits in the way.

There is a section titled "Additional necessary settings for 1S and G5 drive to be used in CST and CSV mode" within the IDE manual (starts on page 257 on mine). It shows 3 PDO values to write values to and what values to use. If a PDO mapping without these variables was used, you may need to write to those locations as SDOs.

I am not sure what you mean by "startup guide G5-series Servo Drivers". There are a couple sections of the IDE manual (Help -> "Power PMAC IDE Manual" from within IDE) as well as a document (for etherlab) on the forum file depot. You may have the drive's torque and/or velocity limits in the way.

There is a section titled "Additional necessary settings for 1S and G5 drive to be used in CST and CSV mode" within the IDE manual (starts on page 257 on mine). It shows 3 PDO values to write values to and what values to use. If a PDO mapping without these variables was used, you may need to write to those locations as SDOs.

Hi Eric,

The 'startup guide G5-series Servo Drivers' is a manul I found from OMRON's website. It can be found via: http://www.omron.com.au/products/family/3545/download/manual.html.

It's name is:CK3E-[][][][], CK3M-CPU1[]1, NY51[]-A[][][]

Programmable Multi-Axis Controller Startup Guide (G5-series Servo Drivers(IDEv4))

I tried your suggestion and the system still don't move. I will keep working on this and try to read as much manual as possible.

BTW, could you give me some suggestion on how to get start with the power Pmac?

Thanks a lot.

Han

Hi Eric,

Thank for your help!

After checked the PDO settings, I found an amplifier error in the system.

The error is: amplifier fault test: Motor[1].AmoFault = 1

And I also notice the product ID in my motor's setting is 0x00000007; however, someone else's product ID is 0x00000002. My controller is CK3E and my Servo Driver is R88D-KN04H-ECT.

Is there any relationship between the error and my product ID?

Thanks a lot!

Regards,

Han

If AmpFault goes true, the drive is either giving us an error flag (I believe bit 3 of the status word) or refusing to change states when commanded. Either way, it could indicate a problem with the drive. Does the drive show any errors on the screen? Was drive side setup completed? If you are using position mode, was the motor tuned on the drive side?

I'm not sure about the product number, but there are several versions of G5.

If AmpFault goes true, the drive is either giving us an error flag (I believe bit 3 of the status word) or refusing to change states when commanded. Either way, it could indicate a problem with the drive. Does the drive show any errors on the screen? Was drive side setup completed? If you are using position mode, was the motor tuned on the drive side?

I'm not sure about the product number, but there are several versions of G5.

Hi

I found My servo driver is reporting error 30.0 on it’s seven segment display.

Is it a hardware wiring problem?

Thanks.

• 1 month later...